The New Year is a good time to remind ourselves that maybe we can’t be all we want to be, but we can be all we can be.

Politicians share a common problem with trial lawyers: It’s the 90 percent of them that make the other 10 percent look bad.

Strange world. First, “mad cow” disease was discovered in Washington state, and then television news reports people in Iowa willing to walk and drive through snow to hear Howard Dean and Al Sharpton.

It’s hard to stand on your own two feet if one of them is in your mouth.

You can’t win’em all. Just as the economy perks up and the stock market gets going, we’re reminded that Congress returns to Washington in a few days.

We wouldn’t worry about what people think about us if we knew how seldom they do.

Love may make the world go ‘round and money may in some cases oil the wheels, but love of money can gum up the works.

Be healthy and happy in the New Year. Don’t miss an opportunity to help a friend, or better yet, a stranger.